The Editor Wants to Know – Are You a Seasonal Knitter?

The Editor Wants to Know Your BURNING Knitting Questions!

The Editor Wants to Know Your BURNING Knitting Questions!

Welcome back to another edition of The Editor Wants to Know where I ask YOU those BURNING questions!

So… today’s question is:
20130328_141158

Are you a seasonal knitter who prefers to knit mostly during the cooler months of the year making woolly sweaters? Or, are you a die-hard knitter that knits all year long, no matter how hot it gets?

I can’t wait to hear from you!

45 Responses to The Editor Wants to Know – Are You a Seasonal Knitter?

1. Georgianna Davis says:

I love to knit all year and is constantly looking to learn how to make new things using up-to-date information on knitting and yarns.

2. Marie-Lou DEBRIT says:

I usually knit the whole year round but less in summer.

3. MERRILYN says:

I knit all year around, but spend more time at it when the days are shorter and I can’t get outside so much. In the summer I tend to knit projects that are smaller and easily portable for knitting on the go. Even in the winter I usually have a hat or other small project I can take with me.

4. joyce hancock says:

I knit all year round. I have so many projects to work on that I can’t possibly take a break. LOL

5. Nancy S. says:

I’m definitely a year-round knitter and crocheter. I just save my heavier projects for winter!

6. Amanda says:

Hi
    I knit all year round. In summer for winter, and during winter I knit for summer 😊

7. Dotti Harris says:

I love to knit all year long!

8. Diane Addams says:

I knit all year.

9. Rachel Eggleston says:

I knit all year long, and living in Arizona it does get HOT but who cares!!!

10. liz n. says:

All year long.

11. Marianne Inman says:

I am a year round knitter..if I don’t have anything special planned, I usually knit dishcloths or Newborn/preemie hats for a charity group that donates to hospitals. I’ve also started knitting the mitered squares to join together for an afghan. So, something is always on my needles, as you can guess I have many WIP’s in bags in several areas of my home.

12. Laurene says:

I stitch all year long. I vary from knitting to crocheting to counted cross stitch and sewing. I always have something that I am working on.

13. nancy says:

With air conditioning, I knit all year round

14. Susan G says:

I tend to knit when I’m pregnant which is kind of often. I’m pregnant with my 8th right now. Otherwise I lean toward the cooler months…

15. Patricia M says:

Die-hard knitter here! In the summertime it’s a great time to make the next cold season’s socks, gloves, hats and scarves. I would go crazy if I didn’t have something on my needles.

16. Marcia Graves says:

I knit more in the winter, especially making small winter gifts for family and friends.

17. Kathy Beaumont says:

I knit all year, and have developed a habit of being right in the middle of a huge, heavy blanket just as it gets hot. I have 2 young grand nieces, so the past few years I have done a lot of little projects. Except those 2 lovely wedding blankets!

18. alicia says:

Die-hard all year knitter! Even in the hot months of summer I will knit – maybe not a blanket but something like a light shawl.

19. dj fultz says:

I knit everyday, all year long!!

20. Pat says:

No I am not a seasonal knitter. I knit year around. Sometimes I just change the type of yarn.
    I would like to have the pattern for the head band pictured.

21. Sweater says:

I prefer fine knit 14gg, 12gg pullover under my suit in every season, comfortable.

22. Handmadebysue says:

I knit all year. It keeps me happy and healthy.

23. Amy W says:

I started knitting at age 50 I knit all year long because I have a lot time to make up for!

24. Dawnetta Wannop says:

All year every day, from dishcloths to afghans, sweaters to christening gowns 35 years ago a rhumatalogist told me in order to save my hands I should knit at least an hour a day. I have acouple fingers that have knots on them but they don’t hurt at all, the rest of my joints I can’t say that about

25. Anne Hagsten says:

I knit in my sleep… ha ha

26. pam scriber says:

I knit all year round. keeps my hands busy and away from food while I create

27. pam scriber says:

knit all year round..

28. Karla M. says:

I knit all year around. Never leave home without needles and yarn.

29. Ann Maclean says:

I have been knitting for 80 years to be useful to keep busy to create to keep my mind! I recite Knit 1 Purl a Prayer frequently!!

30. Amanda Brown says:

I have been known to knit wool socks and hats while wearing a swimsuit and drinking something iced to beat the heat at our family cabin. Does that answer your question?

31. I knit all year. I belong to a group that does charity knitting, baby hats and chemo caps. However I also knit athome all year to stock up for Christmas gifts. I make socks, mittens, fingerless gloves, scarves etc. and give it all away over the holidays. I love knitting. Right now have three projects on my needles.

32. Barb Jennette says:

I knit all year. I always have a project going.

33. Mary Bragg says:

I knit year round. Just change to lighter threads or smaller projects that don’t fill up my lap and act as a second blanket.

34. Ginny in Texas says:

I knit year round…got A/C !!!

35. Heidi Heller says:

Year round and every where, on a sail boat in Greece, in front of my tent on safari in Tanzania, on the beach in Hawaii!…..if I’m sitting I’m knitting!

36. Bonnie says:

I knit year round, otherwise there wouldn’t be as many handknit Christmas gifts under my tree! There really aren’t enough hours in the day some years it seems! I did switch to knitting cotton blankets when spring or summer born babies need gifting!

37. Marie says:

I knit all year long …have a group that meets every thur evening ….I have to a good example…I also crochet..sew and do needle work…I try to make my group make new things to challenge themselves…

38. Dorothy says:

I have been a seasonal knitter for the last few years. I am hoping not to do that this year. I have so many things I want to make, and now my daughter is getting married in .june and I have a wedding to make for!

39. Barb says:

All year round. It keeps my hands and fingers from becoming arthritic!!!!

40. Anne Scott says:

I knit all year round. I noticed, having recently finished a cardigan for a friend, that in the 2 days between projects I felt lost, even though I had some hand embroidery to pick up. I find that I tend to knit at night when the light is poorer, and embroider in good clear daylight. (I perfected the art of knitting (stocking stitch) without looking years ago and occasionally read and knit together on simple projects) I tend to do smaller, lighter projects in summer and big heavy woollies in winter (better than a knee rug!)