With the November 2011 issue just hitting the scene, I thought it would be a great time to take advantage of another Knitalong. (KAL) The project of choice is the quick-knit Quartz Boot Toppers, designed by Jill Wolcott of Y2Knit. What I love best about this design is that it provides skill building on a very small scale. You’ll learn useful techniques such as short rows and decorative eyelet accents.
I’ll be starting things up on the Creative Knitting Fan page on Ravelry, next Friday 10/28. If you can’t join me when things begin on Friday, remember that’s it’s OK to jump in at anytime. There will be many eager knitters just waiting to help get you started!
To get started you’ll need:
- The November 2011 issue of Creative Knitting magazine: Quartz Boot Toppers, found on page 39 or download a free copy here.
- Sport weight yarn* (275 yds/100g per hank): 1 hank
- Size 4 (3.5mm) needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Extra needle (for double-needle cast-on)
- Stitch holder
Gauge information for those wishing to substitute yarn:
• 20 sts and 29 rows = 4 inches/ 10cm in St st.
10/28/11: Let’s Cast On! This will be your chance to gather up your materials and ask any questions you have about the pattern.
11/4/11: Completion of your first Boot Topper and Q&A.
11/11/11: Completion of both Toppers and show us how you’ll wear them!
Save the dates and join us here next Friday, October 28th to begin our first Boot Topper!