I’m getting really excited about a Knitalong (KAL) planned on the Ravelry Creative Knitting Fan page. We will be knitting the Mary Jane slipper pattern featured in the July 2011 issue of Creative Knitting magazine. This pattern is part of a 3-slipper ensemble called “Slipper Suite,” designed by Kate Atherley, aka on Rav as Wisehilda.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- The July 2011 issue of Creative Knitting magazine: Mary Jane slipper pattern, pages 51 & 82, or download the digital version here.
- Fingering weight yarn* (175 yds/50g per skein): 1 skein KPPPM. (100% merino wool) from Koigu Wool Designs, color: brown variegated #613.
- Size 1 (2.25mm) set of 4 or 5 doublepoint needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Stitch markers.
- Stitch holders or large safety pins.
- 20-inch length of elastic thread.
Gauge information for those wishing to substitute yarn:
- 30 sts and 40 rows = 4 inches/10 cm in St st.
10/4/11: Part 1: Cast on and complete the toe portion of your slipper.
10/12/11: Part 2: Create opening, by working flat section of slipper.
10/19/11: Part 3: Turn heel and work edging.
10/26/11: Part 4: Applied I-cord edging, I-cord straps and finishing your slipper.
Once you’ve gathered up your materials, join us here next Tuesday October 4th to cast on and begin Part 1!
As a special treat, designer Kate Atherley will join us on the first day of the KAL and to say “hello” and to also answer any questions you have about the pattern.
Send me a note about what yarn you’ll be using, and I hope to see you on October 4th!