If you’re in a bind and you don’t have a tape measure or a ruler, you can use the one mother nature equipped you with–your hand and your arm!
Here’s a quick list of some typical measurements:
- The tip of your thumb to the first joint is about an inch.
- The tip of your thumb to the end of the thumb at wrist is about 4 inches– woo hoo, a gauge swatch!
- The length of your middle finger is about 3 inches.
- Outside length of elbow to wrist is approximately 10 inches.
- Length of arm from elbow to tip of middle finger is about 17 inches.