There’s nothing more inspiring to me than reviving those long-forgotten balls of yarn. Digging through containers often ignites fond memories, and it’s a great way to clean out the clutter too!
If you’re looking for some creative ways to use up your stash and do some spring cleaning in the process, here are a few small project ideas for using up your stash:
- Multi-colored coasters- stripe them, felted them, applique them!
- Potholders- play with some simple knit and purl patterns
- Dish towels and washcloths- wake up your kitchen with color
- Sampler lap blankets- sew gauge swatches together for an interesting look
- Wall hangings- have fun with free-form!
- Skinny scarves
- Patchwork tote
- Garter-stripe afghan: Knit a new color every row and leave the ends unwoven in for fun look!
- Change purses with vintage buttons or beads
- Slippers, socks, booties
- Knitted flowers- for brooches or barrettes
Leave a comment to this post, sharing ways that you plan on using up your stash this spring!