There’s nothing more inspiring to me than reviving those long-forgotten balls of yarn. Digging through my containers often ignites fond memories, and I always find old favorites that bring back thoughts of the items they were initially chosen for.
If you’re looking for some creative ways to use up your stash, here are just a few fun ideas that I’ve come up with that might help get those juices flowing:
- Multi-colored coasters- stripe them, felted them, applique them!
- Potholders- play with some simple knit and purl patterns
- Dish towels and washcloths- wake up your kitchen with color
- Sampler lap blankets- sew gauge swatches together for an interesting look
- Wall hangings- have fun with free-form!
- Skinny scarves
- Patchwork tote
- Garter-stripe afghan: Knit a new color every row and leave the ends unwoven in for fun look!
- Change purses with vintage buttons or beads
- Slippers, socks, booties
- Knitted flowers- for brooches or barrettes
Leave a comment to this post, sharing ways that you plan on using up your stash. Let’s kick in the New Year with some innovative ways to put those leftovers to work!